Emergency Guide for Dental Auxiliaries
- 4th Ed.
- © Delmar
- Debra Jennings D.M.D.; Janet Bridger Chernega
- ISBN-10: 1-111-13860-5 / ISBN-13: 978-1-111-13860-8
Emergency Guide for Dental Auxiliaries, 4E contains the information and instruction needed in order to effectively handle a medical emergency in the dental office. In addition to basic technical instruction, this new edition provides up-to-date information on First Aid techniques, legal concerns, and safety procedures. A new design helps to better illustrate core concepts and increase comprehension. "Emergency Basics" boxes outline the sequence of steps for recognizing a medical emergency as well as action points to assist the patient.
- • “Test Your Knowledge” boxes appear throughout the chapters to reinforce content and student understanding.
- • Brand new design strengthens presentation of chapter content, and is enhanced by a variety of updated illustrations and photographs.
- • "Emergency Basics" boxes highlighted in each chapter provide quick access to the signs, symptoms, and First Aid steps to managing various medical emergencies.
- • Review questions and problem-solving scenarios allow students to review and apply the textbook’s content.
- • Updated information about emergency protocols for CPR and airway obstruction among other essential skills.
- • Coverage of all major medical emergencies and an accompanying action plan for the dental professional.