Mulliken & Young's Vascular Anomalies: Hemangiomas and Malformations
- 2nd Ed.
- © Oxford University Press
- John B. Mulliken, M.D.; Patricia E. Burrows, M.D.; Steven J. Fishman, M.D.
- ISBN-10: 0-19-998207-4 / ISBN-13: 978-0-19-998207-3
- Surgery, Dermatology
The field of vascular anomalies has grown rapidly in last 25 years. Molecular genetics has led to discovery of genes that cause vascular anomalies. Interventional radiology has become a major contributor to accurate diagnosis and management of previously untreatable disorders. New pharmacologic therapies are under investigation and surgical protocols have been established. Vascular Anomalies: Hemangiomas and Malformations is a comprehensive and interdisciplinary textbook ideal for dermatologists, interventional radiologists, surgical specialists, ophthalmologists, pathologists, geneticists, pediatricians, hematologic-oncologists, and vascular biologists. With a central motif of the biologic dichotomy of vascular tumors and vascular malformations, this book is organized into chapters which address clinical presentation, diagnostic imaging, molecular genetics, pathogenesis, histopathology, and management of vascular anomalies. Generous, full-color images compliment this extensive volume written by three colleagues and their teammates from Children's Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, with leading specialists from other centers.
- • Furthers the understanding of the biological and behavioral differences of cutaneous vascular lesions
- • The most comprehensive reference available on vascular anomalies
- • Expert editors and authors
- • More than 3000 beautiful quality images
This is an ideal textbook for dermatologists, interventional radiologists, surgical specialists, ophthalmologists, pathologists, geneticists, pediatricians, hematologic-oncologists, and vascular biologists.