Oral Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist
- 2nd Ed.
- © Pearson Education, Inc.
- Cheryl M. Westphal Theile RDH, EdD; James Burke Fine DD; Mea A. Weinberg DMD, MSD, RPh
- ISBN-10: 0-13-255992-7 / ISBN-13: 978-0-13-255992-8
- Dentistry, Dental Hygiene, Pharmacy/Pharmacology
Oral Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist, Second Edition, offers a comprehensive review of the principles of pharmacology and their application to dental hygiene practice. This practical textbook covers many oral manifestations of drugs of which the dental hygiene student should be aware. Quick drug guides, fun facts, and unique rapid dental hints in each chapter help students understand different pharmacologic principles while reinforcing key information. Case studies extensively review the medical conditions, potential drug interactions, and dental management of drug interactions.
Quick Drug Guide – located at the beginning of each chapter for easy reference. • Contains a complete list of all the drugs discussed in the chapter.
Guidelines – Inform students about how the patient should take a specific drug and how the student should manage a patient taking that drug.
Case Studies – Help students integrate all information within the chapter and the book.
Board Review Questions – Prepare students for the pharmacology section of the national boards.
Rapid Dental Hints – remind students about key information or a task that should be performed that is related to the medical condition or drug topic.
Did You Know? Facts – Provide interesting information about a drug or medical condition.
Drug Classifications – an easy-to-use reference for drugs used in the textbook, complete with corresponding page numbers.
Drug Interactions – Many examples of drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-disease, and drug-food interactions are given within each chapter. The management of these interactions is also discussed.
New To This Edition:
- • Content on vitamins, herbal supplements, oral management of lesions and special topics has been removed or combined within other chapters.
Revised and updated with the latest on dental pharmacology.
- • Many chapters have been combined for a more streamlined and accessible presentation.
- • Information presented in tables is now broken down into bullet points instead of long paragraphs to help students effectively take away essential details.
Tables have been streamlined and redesigned.