Principles of Human Physiology
- 6th Ed.
- © Pearson Education
- Cindy L. Stanfield
- ISBN-10: 0-134-16980-8 / ISBN-13: 978-0-134-16980-4
- Anatomy, Physiology
Don’t just study—visualize, explore and solve problems in human physiology with Principles of Human Physiology!
Principles of Human Physiology, Sixth Edition uses a precise and clear-cut writing style to offer lasting comprehension for Human Physiology students, extending to real-life application in the field. The Sixth Edition provides essential digital resources to foster critical thinking and problem-solving skills. The exceptional art program is consistent, scientifically accurate, and visually appealing. Stanfield’s renowned flexible pedagogy allows instructors to choose what is essential to students when mapping out their course.
- • NEW and UPDATED! The Sixth Edition provides solutions to course challenges identified by multiple student focus groups and a panel of tech-savvy instructors, including a strong focus on supportive media and problem-solving in physiology.
- • NEW and UPDATED! Integrated icons cue students to exercises in Mastering A&P where they can make the most of Interpreting Data coaching activities, IP2.0, A&P Flix, and more! Excerpts from Solve It exercises appear in the end of select chapters and prompt students to dive deeper in Mastering A&P.
- • Special Feature boxes help instructors curate their specific course content and include:
• Clinical Connections boxes focus on a range of topical issues to help students apply the physiology they learn to conditions such as cancer, cystic fibrosis, and hypertension.
• Discovery boxes focus on current chapter-related topics in greater depth. Examples include coverage of antihistamines, vaults and chemotherapy, and neurogenesis.
• Toolbox and Chemistry Review boxes review or introduce concepts from math, physics, and chemistry and show how they apply to physiology. By presenting this additional content in a way that complements the text, these boxes give instructors greater flexibility to tailor the material to students with a variety of backgrounds. Topic examples include the Nernst Equation, Fick’s Law, Laplace’s Law, and ions and ionic bonds.
• Understanding Exercise boxes highlight a variety of exercise types and training levels to illustrate the application of physiological principles to numerous exercise scenarios.
- • Clear, pedagogically grounded art uses vibrant colors and graphics to support student learning. Selected figures in each chapter appear with key questions to reinforce learning.
- • Clinical content has been updated and expanded with more connections and applications of clinical material throughout the book, including:
• Functional Facts and Health Facts are signaled with margin icons throughout the text to draw students’ attention to key applied content.
• Focus on Diabetes boxes have been added throughout the text, making this key topic more prominent and accessible for readers. A capstone chapter on this disease reinforces the connectedness of the course material and encourages students to apply what they’ve learned to a real-world, significant problem.