Essentials of Dental Caries - 4th Ed. (2016)
- 4th Ed.
- © Oxford University Press
- Edwina Kidd; Ole Fejerskov
- ISBN-10: 0-19-873826-9 / ISBN-13: 978-0-19-873826-8
- Dentistry, Dental Hygiene
Dental caries (tooth decay) is one of the most highly prevalent disease around the world affecting a significant proportion of the population. Dental caries may take place on any tooth surface in the oral cavity where dental plaque is allowed to develop over a period of time. Understanding its causes and progression allows the dental team to prevent and manage it so that patients can maintain healthy teeth for life.
The fourth edition of Essentials of Dental Caries provides readers with an up-to-date, clinically relevant guide to dental caries. Written in an accessible style, the authors explain the biological and socioeconomic background of lesion development and progress. Current methods of clinical diagnosis and evidence based management are outlined in clearly laid out and highly illustrated chapters. This book is essential reading for students and practitioners of dentistry, dental therapy, dental hygiene, and oral health educators.
- • An essential introduction to dental caries, written by established experts in the field
- • Written in an accessible style with full-color illustrations
- • Provides an international overview of best practice dental caries control