- 5th Ed.
- © BC Decker Inc.
- Sol Silverman Jr., MA, DDS
- 1-55009-215-4 / ISBN-13: 978-1-55009-215-8
- Dentistry, Oncology
This new edition provides a multidisciplinary approach to oral cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation. The effective combination of both authoritative text and colored atlas has produced a thorough examination into this complex disease. Updates include maxillofacial prosthetics, newer materials and advances in implants, and managing complications in therapy.
- • New data on viral etiology, genetics and cell markers of oral cancer and premalignant lesions
- • Diagnosis, staging, imaging and nutrition
- • Genomics and molecular progression
- • Control of malignant lesions with newer data on agents, mechanisms, and the effectiveness of chemoprevention
- • Additional illustrations in the MR imaging and PET scans section
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"The authors present an educational resource based on currently accepted practice. The book is well written and is enhanced by many clear color figures in the examples of clinical cases."
-- Fong Wong, BSD, DDS, MSD (University of Florida College of Dentistry) Doody's Review
This title is written for all dental practitioners who will benefit from the concentrated and comprehensive of oral cancer textbook. The dental practitioner is usually the first clinician consulted for general oral complaints. The authors and editor are credible authorities.