AHFS Drug Information®
An Evidence-based Foundation for Safe and Effective Drug Therapy
- 58th Ed.
- © American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Gerald K. McEvoy, Pharm.D.
- ISBN-10: 1-58528-557-9 / ISBN-13: 978-1-58528-557-0
- ISSN: 8756-6028
- Pharmacy/Pharmacology, Drug Information, Point of Care, Public Health
With extensive updated information on everything from treatment of hypertension to hepatitis C, AHFS® Drug Information™, 2016 Edition is a necessary addition to your pharmacy’s resources.
With content supported by more than 86,000 total references and reviewed by over 500 professionals, AHFS DI® helps you protect your patients and your business. The only print compendium designated by the U.S. Congress, AHFS DI® 2016 is also the only reference published by a professional and scientific society—ensuring it is the most authoritative and best-selling reference trusted by pharmacists for 58 years.
AHFSI DI® contains the most trustworthy drug information available--all in one place. It is the most comprehensive evidence-based source of drug information complete with therapeutic guidelines and off-label uses.
Updates for this edition include:
- • Expanded and revised content throughout, featuring critical new monograph updates every year
- • Important updated monographs and references related to revised therapeutic guidelines, including revised recommendations for the treatment of HIV infections in adult and pediatric patients
- • Newly published information on breakthrough oncology drugs approved as part of the FDA’s accelerated approval program
- • Dedicated coverage to orphan products
- • Interactions, adverse reactions, cautions, and more
- • Therapeutic recommendations supported by evidence from primary research
- • Preparations, chemistry, and stability
- • Pharmacology and pharmacokinetics
- • Prescription, OTC, ophthalmic and dermatologic drugs
- • Extensive off-label uses and dosing options
- • Vaccines and other immunizing agents
This title updates: Monthly
Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Specialty Score: 2.93 Health Sciences - Pharmacology
2.8 Health Sciences - Pharmacy
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This reference is widely used and trusted for its established record in refuting unfounded efficacy claims, its rigorous science-based editorial process, and its independence from the influence of pharmaceutical manufacturers."
-- Jennifer Colon, PharmD, MS, MBA (Temple University School of Pharmacy)
"You cannot be a pharmacist without this book. For clinical pharmacists especially it is the standard..."
-- Miriam Klein, Pharm.D. R.Ph. (Woodhull Medical Center) - previous edition
“AHFS Drug Information is by far the most comprehensive and informative drug reference that I use. It offers much more in-depth information and post-marketing [after FDA approval] analysis on drugs.”
-- Jay S. Cohen, M.D., Associate Professor of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California at San Diego Medical School - previous edition
“There is more in-depth information in AHFS DI, particularly pharmacology and kinetics. At times I especially need the unlabeled uses in AHFS Drug Information to answer questions. Other references don't include as many off-label uses.”
-- Paul Matuschka, Pharm.D., VA Medical Center, Louisville, KY - previous edition