Environment of Care® Essentials for Health Care
- © Joint Commission Resources, Inc.
- James G. Parker
- eISBN-13: 978-1-59940-983-2 / ISBN-10: 1-59940-982-8
- eISBN-13: 978-1-59940-983-2
- ISSN: 1543-3064
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
Get ready for survey with the one book that bundles all the EC, EM, and LS standards and elements of performance in one convenient reference! The 2017 Environment of Care® Essentials for Health Care is a compact, easy-to-use compendium of environment of care (EC), emergency management (EM), and life safety (LS) standards and elements of performance for all health care settings.
- • Essential information for complying with EC requirements like environmental tours
- • Complete Emergency Operations Plan/Emergency Management Plan requirements
- • Unabridged LS management requirements, updated to align with the 2012 Life Safety Code®
- • All EC, EM, and LS standards and EPs effective January 1, 2017, including changes related to Project REFRESH, the 2012 Life Safety Code, and diagnostic imaging
- • Grid that compares standards across the continuum of care to promote continuous accreditation readiness for all organizations, including ambulatory health care, behavioral health care, critical access hospitals, home care, hospitals, laboratory services, nursing care centers, and office-based surgery centers.
- • Glossary terms with clear, straightforward definitions
- • Concise explanation of revised accreditation scoring process under the new SAFER MatrixTM
- • Facility managers
- • Emergency managers
- • Life safety experts
- • Accreditation and regulatory staff
- • Risk managers
This title is a must-have for facility managers, emergency managers, and life safety experts—especially for those in charge of multiple facilities.