Rossi's Principles of Transfusion Medicine
- 5th Ed.
- © Wiley-Blackwell
- Bjarte G. Solheim; Edward L. Snyder; Jeffrey McCullough MD; Ronald G. Strauss; Toby L. Simon
- ISBN-10: 1-119-01299-6 / ISBN-13: 978-1-119-01299-3
- eISBN-10: 1-119-01302-X / eISBN-13: 978-1-119-01302-0
Transfusion medicine as a multidisciplinary clinical specialty allied to blood banking continues to be a dynamic and increasingly complex evolution. Patients who require blood transfusions generally fall into two categories: those requiring transfusions resulting from acute blood loss that might be associated with surgery or accident; or those requiring chronic transfusions associated with treatment for chronic anemias, chemotherapy, or bone marrow transplant. As such transfusion medicine impacts all areas of critical care medicine, and multiple areas of chronic care.
Rossi's Principles of Transfusion Medicine is the most comprehensive and practical reference on transfusion science and medicine available. Now updated for a fifth edition with new material on donor care – including the frequency of donation and management of iron deficiency/status, patient blood management, hemovigilance, and the novel cellular therapies and stem cell transplantation. This is a key resource for specialists and trainees in transfusion medicine and blood banking, as well as physicians, nurses, and medical technologists active in the transfusion of patients.
In This Edition:
- • Compiled by a world class Editor team including two past-presidents of AABB, a past- President of the American Board of Pathology and members of the FDA Blood Products Advisory Committee, and international contributor team
- • Covers current hot topics such as donor care – including the frequency of donation and management of iron deficiency/status), patient blood management, hemovigilance, and the organization of transfusion and transplant services
- • Presents new material on molecular immunohematology
Update your practice with this comprehensive reference resource, considered the gold standard in transfusion medicine.
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is a must-have for any transfusion medicine practitioner."
-- Valerie Ng, PhD MD (Alameda County Medical Center/Highland Hospital) Doody's Review previous edition
"The list of contributing authors includes some of the most well-known experts in different areas of transfusion medicine and its related areas."
-- (European Journal of Haematology, 2010)
The book is intended for transfusion medicine practitioners and students (pathology or laboratory medicine residents, transfusion medicine fellows, clinical hematology fellows). It also would be of interest to any practitioner or student of any field in medicine using transfusion for patient care. Lastly, this would be of interest to nonphysician laboratory personnel, such as practicing clinical laboratory scientists (CLSs), especially those specializing in blood banking, and CLS student trainees.