Greenfield's Surgery: Scientific Principles and Practice
- 6th Ed.
- © Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Gerard M. Doherty, MD; Gilbert R. Upchurch Jr., MD; Hasan B. Alam, MD; Keith D. Lillemoe, MD; Michael W. Mulholland, MD, PhD; Timothy M. Pawlik, MD, MPH, PhD
- ISBN-10: 1-46989-001-1 / ISBN-13: 978-1-46989-001-2
- eISBN-10: 1-46989-002-X / eISBN-13: 978-1-46989-002-9
Revised, updated, and enhanced from cover to cover, the Sixth Edition of Greenfield’s Surgery: Scientific Principles and Practice remains the gold standard text in the field of surgery. It reflects surgery’s rapid changes, new technologies, and innovative techniques, integrating new scientific knowledge with evolving changes in surgical care. Updates to this edition include new editors and contributors, and a greatly enhanced visual presentation. Balancing scientific advances with clinical practice, Greenfield’s Surgery is an invaluable resource for today’s residents and practicing surgeons.
- • Features enhanced, full-color illustrations, clinical photographs, key teaching points, and decision-making algorithms for quick reference to key information.
- • Covers general scientific principles such as inflammation, shock, nutrition, pain management, and much more, followed by surgical practice chapters arranged by organ system.
- • Introduces two new editors, Hasan Alam, MD and Timothy Pawlik, MD, who bring a fresh perspective and vision to this classic reference.
- • Showcases the scientific and clinical expertise of more than 200 contributing authors, each an active practitioner in the field of surgery.
- • Includes two new chapters on Obesity and Preoperative Risk Assessment.
- • eBook version features over 40 "Morbidity and Mortality" case discussions and an Interactive Question Bank with nearly 900 questions
Specialty Score: 2.93 Health Sciences - General Surgery
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"Simply put, this is an excellent book. While I am somewhat of a bibliophile, I think that all surgical residents should have a book of this genre to use during their residency. It provides the cornerstone of surgical education. It breadth and inclusiveness keeps it relevant throughout training and into the early years of practice."
-- Peter Nau, MD, MS (University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics)
"This update of Greenfield's Surgery maintains the excellent production standards of previous editions..."
"...as a teaching aid, Greenfield's Surgery, which features an online image bank and search engine, remains the leader in its class."
-- David Dries, MD (University of Minnesota Medical School) Doody's Review - previous edition
The intended audience spans advanced medical students who have chosen surgery as a career to junior staff. It is written by authorities in their respective fields, adding an important degree of credibility.