Taber's® Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
- 23rd Ed.
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Donald Venes, M.D., M.S.J., F.A.C.P.
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-5904-0 (Indexed) / ISBN-10: 0-8036-5905-9 (Deluxe) / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-5904-9 (Indexed) / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-5905-6 (Deluxe)
- ISSN: 1065-1357
- Dictionaries, Nursing
Taber’s brings meanings to life.
Put the language of nursing, medicine and the healthcare professions at your fingertips. In hand, online, or on your mobile device—anywhere and everywhere, Taber’s 23 is the all-in-one, go-to source in the classroom, clinical, and beyond.
Under the editorial direction of Donald Venes, MD, MSJ, a team of expert consulting editors and consultants, representing nearly every health care profession, ensures that the content reflects the most current healthcare information.
- •Videos and animations - demonstrate common procedures, a brief physical assessment, and physiological processes
- •Over 33,000 audio pronunciations - build speaking confidence.
Must-know, rarely memorized information.
- • Appendices for normal reference laboratory values and prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms, as well as abbreviations, symbols, and units of measurement, documentation system definitions, and complementary and alternative medicine as well as nursing-focused resources.
- • Full-color illustrations of anatomy and physiology, and photographs of diseases and disorders photographs focus on the distinguishing features of diseases and disorders
The tools for success.
- • Patient Care Statements - Quick-reference summaries detail assessment, treatment, and patient teaching requirements.
- • Caution/Safety Statements - An easy-to-find icon highlights information critical to safe patient care.
- • Disease/Disorder Entries - Concise descriptions summarize diagnosis, signs and symptoms, etiology, treatments, and prognosis.
- • NANDA-I (2015-2017) - The complete list of all of the nursing diagnoses makes reference quick and easy.