Oxford Handbook of Anaesthesia
- 3rd Ed.
- © Oxford University Press, Inc
- Keith G. Allman
- 0199584044 / 9780199584048
- Anesthesiology, Pharmacology
The best selling Oxford Handbook of Anaesthesia has been completely updated for this new third edition. All chapters have been rewritten and a number of new authors have been brought on board to add their expertise and knowledge. Additional new material includes regional anaesthesia, and a comprehensive section on anaesthesia for interventional radiology, a rapidly expanding field of medical practice with particular implications for anaesthesia.
Key sections cover preoperative issues affecting the administration of anaesthesia and techniques employed in the individual surgical specialties. The book provides practical advice covering the impact of medical disease on anaesthesia, and separate comprehensive sections on paediatric and obstetric anaesthesia are also included. The management of emergencies arising during anaesthesia is fully covered with helpful action plans and algorithms throughout. Uncommon conditions and their management are included, and there is an extensive drug formulary and guide to infusion drugs.
- • The only truly concise concise yet comprehensive guide to anaesthetic practice
- • Provides practical guidelines for all anaesthetists, from junior to consultant level
- • Includes detailed paediatric and obstetric sections with coverage of how anaesthesia practice should be modified when dealing with these particular groups
- • Includes useful appendices - a checklist of anaesthetic apparatus, an extensive drug formulary, and a list of normal values
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"All in all this handbook excels in its convenient size, comprehensive information in a rapid-access format. It is especially well-suited for the trainee anaesthetist, but the senior anaesthetist will also find the information useful. If there is one book I carry with me to work daily, it is this one."
-- British Journal of Hospital Medicine - Previous edition
As with the previous editions, this new edition will be the essential handbook for anaesthetists, both junior and experienced, for trainees sitting exams, as well as ODPs and nurses involved in theatre area work and pre-assessment. It is the one book for anyone working in anaesthesia to keep to hand at all times!