Nutrition and Diet Therapy
- 5th Ed.
- © F.A. Davis
- Carroll A. Lutz, MA, RN & Karen Rutherford Przytulski, MS, RD
- 0803622023 / 9780803622029
- Nutrition & Dietetics
Be prepared to meet the ever-changing demands of providing quality nutritional care for patients.
This popular text, developed jointly by a nurse and a dietitian, provides a strong foundation in the science of nutrition and a clear understanding of how to apply that knowledge in practice. The 5th Edition is more reader friendly than ever, with a new contemporary, full-color design and a wealth of online tools and resources for students and instructors. Highlights include the many pictures, charts, tables, care plans, and assessment tools.
It effectively combines nursing care with the nutritional information pertinent to today's classroom and practice settings. It's ideal for stand-alone nutrition courses, programs that offer nutrition as part of Medical-Surgical, Fundamentals, or Pediatrics classes, or as a supplement to any nutrition content.
- • Completely revised and updated throughout to reflect the most current science and practices.
- • More contemporary and visual design with full-color photographs and easier-to-read layout.
- • "Need-to-know" content provides speedbumps that summarize important information.
- • Bulleted summaries listing the key points of each chapter.
- • New coverage of nutrigenomics and genomics topics.
- • New "Teamwork" boxes addressing nutritional documentation from other care providers, including dieticians, physical therapists, and speech therapists.
- • New "Dollars and Sense" boxes highlighting when food costs or economic factors influence nutritional care.
- • Strong emphasis on clinical applications.
- • Designed to meet the needs of both stand-alone nutrition courses and nutrition content integrated across the curriculum.
- • The new MyPyramid and Dietary Guidelines.
- • Nutrient recommendations and food label data, including updated DRIs and the latest on trans-fatty acids.
- • Identifies cautions for unregulated supplements and describes interactions of food, drug, and over-the-counter nutrients
- • Life cycle approach includes screening tools and nutritional interventions for infants, children, adolescents, and mature adults, as well as pregnant and lactating women.
- • Updated recommendations and food plans for weight control, clients with diabetes, HIV/AIDS, dysphasia, preventing heart disease, and other health concerns
- • Useful assessment tools and tables throughout, including Food Handling Guidelines, Labeling Regulations, Research Summaries, and Wellness Tips
- • NCLEX-style chapter review and clinical analysis questions.
- • Outstanding pedagogical tools in each chapter, including:
- • Case Study
- • Chapter Review Questions
- • Clinical Analysis Questions
- • Nursing Care Plans
- • Clinical Calculations
- • Critical Thinking Questions
Score/Specialty: 2.73 Health Sciences - Nutrition / 2.53 Nursing - Nutrition
Go to Doody's Review page