Ethics, Jurisprudence, and Practice Management in Dental Hygiene
- 3rd Ed.
- © Pearson Education, Inc.
- Vickie J. Kimbrough RDH, MBA & Charla J. Lautar RDH, PhD
- 0131394924 / 9780131394926
- Dental Hygiene, Dentistry, Ethics
This is the definitive, up-to-date guide to ethics, jurisprudence, and practice management for all dental hygiene students, new graduates, and licensed practitioners. The authors first introduce codes of ethics; discuss how ethical principles and moral values influence society, individual, and the profession; and cover crucial ethics-related topics such as informed consent. Next, they turn to practice management, showing how the dental practice must operate as a small business, and offering thorough career coverage. This edition's extensive updates include: dental therapists and other alternative workforce models; regulatory changes; opportunities in forensics; comparisons with practice in Canada; and much more.
Features:Thorough coverage of ethics, jurisprudence, and practice management—bringing together all the information dental hygienists need to succeed
- • Provides a single source for up-to-date knowledge about a broad range of essential practice-related topics in dental hygiene
- • Guides students in focusing their reading
- • Ensures that students understand the field's specialized terminology
- • Connects the book's concepts to real-world practice
- • Enables students to achieve deeper insight, either on their own or working with their peers
New To This Edition:New! Covers alternative workforce models, education programs and practice settings–including dental therapists, registered dental hygienists in alternative practice, collaborative practice, Maine's unsupervised practices, and more
- • Introduces students and working practitioners to new practice and career options that were never available to them before
- • Shows how new trends in government regulation are impacting practice and the practitioner
- • Introduces a significant new opportunity for dental hygienists in the workforce
- • Gives instructors powerful new resources to save time and improve teaching effectiveness
- • Gives students insights into how U.S. practice compares with other approaches
- • Helps students build their own practices more successfully
Score/Specialty: 2.93 Health Sciences - Dental Auxiliaries