Oxford Textbook of Psychotherapy
With the publication of this e-book psychotherapy finally arrives at the mainstream of mental health practice. This resource is an essential companion for every practicing psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, psychotherapy counselor, mental health nurse, psychotherapist and mental health practitioner.
- • Part One gives a comprehensive account of all the major psychotherapeutic approaches.
- • Parts Two and Three systematically describe psychotherapeutic approaches to the major psychiatric disorders and personality disorders.
- • Part Four examines applications and modifications of psychotherapy across the lifecycle.
- • Part Five describes psychotherapy with specific populations such as medical patients and those where gender is an issue.
- • Part Six tackles some of the special topics of concern to psychotherapists including ethics, legal issues and psychotherapy and neuroscience.
The first of its kind, this is a "must have" volume for all trainee and practicing psychological therapists in psychiatry, psychology, social work or nursing.
Combine Oxford Textbook of Psychotherapy with the Tarascon Adult Psychiatrica companion title for an indispensable ready reference duo at point of care.
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"The editors began with not one, but three lofty goals and they succeed at all three. To have this immense amount of information at your fingertips is a precious commodity, but to have it current, evidence-based, and easy-to-reference is beyond reckoning. The book will be invaluable for clinicians as a reference to the myriad therapeutic possibilities and their specific benefits for various disorders. Make room on your bookshelf for this one or, better yet, clear a space on your desk to have it close at hand."
-- Christopher Graver, PhD, ABPP-CN (Madigan Healthcare System) Doody's Review
"The practitioner would have a hard time finding anything comparable to the breadth and depth of this excellent text. The quality of references makes the book worthwhile for anyone interested in knowing more about current work in improving psychotherapy."
-- Patricia Murphy, PhD (Rush University Medical Center)
This book is intended for practitioners and students in the fields of psychology, psychiatry, counseling, and social work. The editors are some of the most respected psychotherapy researchers and clinicians in the field and the contributing author list is an international cohort that contains unparalleled experts like Tim Beck and Theodore Millon.