ACP Evidence-Based Guide to Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- © American College of Physicians
- Dr. Brad Jacobs, MD, MPH
- 1934465046 / 9781934465042
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine, EBM, Primary Care
Here's the comprehensive, evidence-based analysis physicians need to counsel patients about complementary and alternative medical therapies and to integrate these techniques into their own practices!
This new resource focuses on the safety and efficacy of a full range of CAM therapies, providing "at-a-glance" answers to the questions busy clinicians are most often asked. In-depth reviews of the research are thoroughly digested into concise summary tables, placing key information at the reader's fingertips.
- • Provides bottom-line recommendations for each therapy using a five-level system: strong recommendation in favor, weak recommendation in favor, no recommendation, weak recommendation against, or strong recommendation against.
- • Evaluates the clinical evidence for CAM therapies by using the GRADE system, which is endorsed or used by the World Health Organization, QUORUM, the Cochrane Collaboration and other organizations.
- • Organized around the conditions for which patients most commonly consider CAM therapies, such as allergies, asthma, cancer, coronary heart disease, HIV, musculoskeletal disorders and depression.
- • Offers a complete chapter on drug-supplement interactions.
The ACP Evidence-Based Guide to Complementary and Alternative Medicine also features a useful overview of CAM therapies; guidance on discussing these therapies with patients; and consideration of legal, insurance and regulatory issues.