Environment of Care® Essentials for Health Care, 2013
- © Joint Commission Resources
- The Joint Commission & Joint Commission Resources
- 1599407485 / 9781599407487
- Patient Safety & Quality Improvement, Healthcare Administration
A key element in a health care organization's efforts to provide high-quality, safe, and efficient patient care is the environment in which patients, physicians, staff, and visitors interact. The environment of care (EC) has many moving parts, addressing areas such as security, hazardous materials, utilities, medical equipment, emergency management, and life safety. When these various components are working smoothly, the EC can function virtually unnoticed. However, when something goes wrong, it can significantly affect the safety and quality of care an organization provides.
The purpose of the Environment of Care® Essentials for Health Care series is to provide a convenient and comprehensive resource for EC professionals to keep up-to-date on current topics and developments in the field. As with its predecessors, this 2013 edition offers not only the standards themselves but also compliance suggestions and survey information.
- • EC, EM, and LS standards
- • Survey process updates and revisions
- • Explanation of numbering and scoring
- • Comparison matrix of standards for all organizations
- • Forms and checklists for continuous readiness
This book is a must-have for facility managers, emergency managers, and life safety experts—especially for those in charge of multiple facilities.