Textbook of Pediatric Care
- © American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Thomas K. McInerny, MD, FAAP
- 1581102682 / 9781581102680
- Pediatrics, Family Practice
The all-new full color AAP Textbook of Pediatric Care sets a new standard for one-stop pediatric references!
Directed by a distinguished editorial team - and featuring contributions from experienced clinicians nationwide - the new AAP Textbook of Pediatric Care is a resource you'll use with complete confidence.
Look here for expert guidance spanning every aspect of current clinical practice
- • Comprehensive scope - Some 3,000 pages cover screening, pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment, management, prevention, critical care, practice management, ethical and legal concerns and much more.
- • Practical focus - Directly addresses day-to-day practice concerns for efficient patient problem-solving.
- • Essential clinical guidance - Step-by-step recommendations on what to do, when and how to do it, when to admit, and when to refer.
- • Evidence-based approach - Includes the evidence base for recommendations and lists detailed references within each chapter.
- • Topical coverage - Highlights new priorities for 21st century practice: evidence-based medicine, environmental concerns, electronic health records, quality improvement, community-wide health approaches, confidentiality, cultural issues, and psychosocial issues.
- • Intergrated companion resources - Combine with Tools for Practice for powerful problem-solving.
Companion resource available in STAT!Ref: Textbook of Pediatric Care: Tools for Practice
Gold Award winner of the 29th Annual EXCEL Awards in Technical Book Category!
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is an excellent resource for clinicians involved in the care of children. The organization enables easy access to subjects and the chapter supplements and resources are particularly helpful in providing information important for the care of these patients in a clinical setting."
-- Jennifer Parkerson, MD (Ochsner Clinic Foundation) Doody's Review
The audience is physicians, nurse practitioners, and residents who care for children.