Joint Commission Perspectives on Patient Safety™, The
- 2011 - 2001
- © Joint Commission Resources
- Jim Parker, Senior Editor
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
Joint Commission Perspectives on Patient Safety gives readers "how to" information on analyzing and preventing errors in patient care. While this newsletter emphasizes prevention (a proactive approach), it also addresses the real-world issues of reacting to adverse events.
In addition, Patient Safety:
- • Teaches health care organizations how to analyze and prevent errors; provides the tools and information necessary to help organizations create and implement a culture of safety.
- • Provides strategies for complying with National Patient Safety Goals.
- • Links standards compliance and the survey process to establishing proactive risk reduction and error prevention activities
- • Explains how organizations can use the root cause analysis process and failure mode and effects analysis to improve their processes and prevent errors and
- • Presents case studies, examples, forms, and tools for organizations to adapt for their own risk reduction and error prevention activities. New features address the medication process, FMEA, and discipline-specific information about patient safety.