- 2nd Ed.
- © Jones and Bartlett Learning
- Lynne Cassimeris, Vishwanath R. Lingappa & George Plopper
- 076376664X / 9780763766641
- Microbiology, Histology
Completely revised and updated to incorporate the latest data in the field, Lewin's CELLS, Second Edition is the ideal resource for advanced undergraduate and graduate students entering the world of cell biology. Redesigned to incorporate new learning tools and elements, this edition continues to provide readers with current coverage of the structure, organization, growth, regulation, movements, and interaction of cells, with an emphasis on eukaryotic cells. Under the direction of three expert lead editors, new chapters on metabolism and general molecular biology have been added by subject specialist. All chapters have been carefully edited to maintain consistent use of terminology and to achieve a homogenous level of detail and rigor. A new design incorporates many new pedagogical elements, including Concept & Reasoning Questions, Methods boxes, Clinical Applications boxes, and more.
- • Includes a new Chapter 2, Bioenergetics and Cellular Metabolism.
- • Includes a new Chapter 3, DNA Structure, Replication, and Repair.
- • Includes a new Chapter 4, Transcription, Translation, and Gene Regulation.
- • Incorporates new Medical Applications Boxes, Historical Perspectives Boxes, and Methods and Techniques Boxes.
- • New Concept and Reasoning Checks ask students to pause and either summarize the information presented in the previous section or critically reason through a question pertaining the previous section.
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"The editors and authors have assembled an excellent learning resource for students of modern cell biology. They expertly describe the molecular structure and function of life. The book is characterized by a crisp, uniform writing style, attention to detail, and scientific rigor..."
-- Bruce Fenderson, PhD (Thomas Jefferson University) (Doody's Review)
This is an excellent companion text for advanced undergraduate and graduate-level courses in cell biology. It is written for students across a wide range of life science disciplines, including general biology, biochemistry, and biophysics. The authors of the chapters are outstanding research scientists and skilled educators.