Nursing Procedures, Lippincott's
- 6th Ed.
- © Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- 1451146337 / 9781451146332
- Nursing, Nursing Procedures, Fundamentals
Lippincott's Nursing Procedures, 6e, is start-to-finish guide to more than 400 nursing procedures from basic to advanced. This reference outlines every procedure, lists equipment, details each step, and includes rationales and cautions to ensure patient safety and positive outcomes. Concise, clear content targets key information needed to perform procedures safely and accurately at the bedside. Tips, alerts, checklists, illustrations, and tables provide clarity and quick access to key procedural information. Organized alphabetically for easy accessibility, the book includes basic and advanced procedures on key topics, such as: infection control, specimen collection, physical treatments, drug administration, IV therapy, hemodynamic monitoring, as well as procedures related to body systems such as chest tubes, peripheral nerve stimulation, and intra-abdominal pressure monitoring.
- • New - Alphabetical organization based on key words
- • New - Color-coded evidence-based references
- • New - Eye-catching icon identifies critical care and advanced procedures
- • New - Joint Commission Standards, AACN guidelines, INS standards, and many more included in Evidence-based references for each procedure
- • New - Scores of new illustrations
- • 4-color design
- • Elder care variations identified with an icon
- • Entry headings: Overview, Equipment, Preparation of equipment, Implementation (with rationales in italics), Special considerations, Patient teaching, Complications, Documentation
- • Every procedure thoroughly reviewed and updated
- • Eye-catching icons for nursing alerts and cautions and emergency procedures
- • Troubleshooting and Equipment icons
- • Home care tips emphasized and identified with an icon
- • More than 400 nursing procedures, basic to advanced
- • Over 500 illustrations, photographs, and tables
- • Pediatric care and Elder care variations identified and highlighted with an icon
Score/Specialty: 3 Nursing - Ambulatory
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is a good, solid textbook focusing on fundamental nursing procedures."
-- Mary Carey, PhD (University of Oklahoma College of Nursing) Doody's Review - previous edition
Student registered nurses are the intended audience.