Understanding ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS: A Worktext
- © Delmar, Cengage Learning
- Mary Jo Bowie, MS, BS, AAS, RHIA, RHIT & Regina M. Schaffer, BS, AAS, RHIT, CPC
- 1435481585 / 9781435481589
- Coding, Classification
Understanding ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS: A Worktext, is designed to help your students master the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding systems. This hands-on, full-color worktext is fully illustrated to emphasize the impact that knowledge of anatomy and disease processes have on coding accuracy. Practice exercises are provided throughout, and Coding Assignments and Case Studies provide real-world coding practice. The Official Coding Guidelines for ICD-10 are included as an Appendix and are explained throughout each chapter. Learning exercises, key terms, chapter reviews, coding assignments, case studies and internet links are also incorporated in each chapter. Includes StudyWare™ with quizzes, flashcards, and multimedia coding cases.
- • Covers all aspects of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding by body systems.
- • Includes a review of anatomy and disease processes and full-color illustrations of to reinforce coding knowledge.
- • Coding assignments and case studies at the end of each chapter help to master key coding concepts and gain real-world practice.
- • The ICD-10 Official Coding Guidelines covered in each chapter to enhance understanding
- • Free StudyWare™ with quizzes, flashcards, and coding cases, plus free demo of Ingenix's EncoderPro with ICD-10 codes.
The Instructor Resources to Accompany Understanding ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding includes:
- • The Instructor's Manual, with lesson plans and complete answer keys.
- • The Computerized Test Bank makes generating tests and quizzes a snap, with over 1,000 test questions to choose from and online testing capability.
- • Customizable presentations for each chapter, written in PowerPoint™.
The Student Resources include downloadable Zipped StudyWare™ - Size - 95.2 MB approx. 6 Min.
- • How to Use the StudyWare™: The StudyWare™ software helps you learn terms and concepts presented in Understanding ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS.
- • Menues: You can access any of the menus from wherever you are in the program.
- • Quizzes and Activities: Quizzes include multiple choice, image labeling, true/false, matching, and fill-in-the-blank questions. You can take the quizzes in both Practice Mode and Quiz Mode.