ICD-10-PCS: Procedure Coding System (2014)
- © The National Center for Health Statistics
- © The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Coding, Classification
ICD-10-PCS is the new procedure coding system that is being developed as a replacement for ICD-9-CM, Volume 3.
Version 5010 refers to the revised set of HIPAA transaction standards; adopted to replace the current Version 4010/4010A standards. Every standard has been updated, from claims to eligibility to referral authorizations.
ICD-10-PCS and GEMs (2014)
The 2014 ICD-10-PCS files below contain information on the new procedure coding system, ICD-10-PCS, that is being developed as a replacement for ICD-9-CM, Volume 3.• 2014 Official ICD-10-PCS Coding Guidelines
• 2014 Version - What's New
• 2014 Development of the ICD-10 Procedure Coding System (ICD-10-PCS)
• 2014 ICD-10-PCS Reference Manual and Slides
• 2014 Final Addenda New Codes
• 2014 Final Addenda Deleted Codes
• 2014 Mapping - "ICD-10-PCS to ICD-9-CM" and ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-PCS (Download our ICD Conversion Tool PDF)
ICD-10 MS-DRG Conversion Project:
This section provides information on the project for using the General Equivalence Mappings (GEMs) to convert the MS-DRGs v26.0 to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. Information is also provided on undertaking a similar conversion project.
The Final ICD-10 MS-DRG logic will be subject to rulemaking.
• Partial Freeze of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 Codes
• ICD-10 MS-DRG Conversion Project Slides
• ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v30 Definitions Manual Table of Contents - Full Titles - Text Version
• ICD-10 Medicare Code Editor v30 (MCE v30 to be used with v30 Definitions Manual)
• ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v29 Definitions Manual and MCE
See also; ICD-10-CM: Clinical Modifications (2014)
Download the ICD 10 Conversion Tool PDF